|Scientific name :||Suskityrannus hazelae|
|Time period :||Middle Cretaceous|
|Primary diet :||Carnivore|
|In the documentary|
|Fatalities caused :||One Fish|
Suskityrannus was a small tyrannosaurid dinosaur from the Mid cretaceous period 92 mya. It was first found in 1998 but named in 2019. Over the years it has gone through name changing, such as it being called zuni Coelurosaurs like in the show or Zunityrannus like in BBCs Planet Dinosaur (a different documentary).
In the Middle Cretaceous segment, the suskityrannus (called Coelurosaurs) are seen mostly as backround dinosaurs. Their first apperance is running through the forest, before we meet the Dromaeosaurs. But their true introduction is later when one Suskityrannus is catching a fish. Another Suskityrannus tries to steal the fish but failed and is chased away. They also are seen running around during the fire.
- These are 1 of the 3 first feathered dinosaurs including the Dromaeosaurs and Nothronychus, in the documentary.
- Orginally both of the specimens of Suskityrannus was thought to be a dromeosaur, then only one of them as the other became classified as a Coelurosaur. hence why there is a Coelurosaur and a dromeosaur in the show.
- An early working name for the genus was Zunityrannus (meaning "Zuni tyrant").
- Coelurosaur's hands couldn't pivot without breaking them.
- It should be more tyrannosaurid looking and much bigger, though granted, it wasn't known in full detail back then.